Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Few Things To Share!

First off, I've finished the next two blocks in the Be Attitudes quilt. I'm really enjoying this one! The blocks are finished as far as I'll go until after it's put together and quilted. Then I'll add a few more embellishments.


Also, I wanted to ask if any of you have had a chance to try the Martelli rotary cutter. I started using mine shortly after I opened the shop. I had been cutting a lot of fat quarters one day, and it left my hand feeling stressed and painful. A friend had suggested this one and so I gave it a whirl! It's great! No pain, no stress, no tension, no cramping, regardless of how much I cut in one day! If you have arthritis or other issues with your hands you really should give this a try. They are available in right and left handed ones also. If you contact the shop, at 902-378-7845 or email me at dadeon@eastlink.ca I can hook you up!


And I was asked about this quilt, The Friendship Star, that's pictured in my header. I designed this quilt a few years ago. It's one of my favourites ever and have been asked for the pattern several times. I hope at some point in 2014 to get a few of my patterns published for sale. That was one specific goal I had when I decided to open the shop but I haven't had anytime to pursue it too much yet! Hoping it will happen soon though. I'll be sure to post what patterns I have available at that time. Thanks for the interest to those that have inquired!



4 comments:

  1. You can add me to the list of pattern buyers when you have it ready. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous quilt! I love the blocks, the colors and the design♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are so lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the BeAttitudes quilt...it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete