Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Shop Samples

I've been busy! Getting things ready, painting, cleaning, sewing (yes, that's the best part). And shopping, from wholesalers this time, for stock!! Oh my, it's lots of fun!

For me, what makes a really great shop is lots of samples to oooh and ahhh over. So, I'm sewing, cutting, playing with fabrics, hoping to get lots ready to share with you. And some of my quilting girlfriends are helping out with that also. Kaaren, from The Painted Quilt, has graciously offered to lend me some of her beautiful wool on cotton quilts for display. Isn't that awesome! If you've ever had the opportunity to see Kaaren's work up close and personal, you know that I am over the moon happy about this offer. Her work is absolutely stunning and I have the privilege of having it hang in my shop!! Can't wait!


I'm working on a Kim Diehl design myself this week. I've been wanting to do this one since the book first came out, and figured now was the perfect time. Can't wait to see this one in the shop! It's easily one of my favourites of Kim's. Hard to pick a favourite really, because I love them all. But this one has been speaking to me since day 1. So, last night and this morning I got all of the little melons cut. And now to start some piecing!

Hope you're having some sewing time today too!

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting for us to read about your dream coming true! Will look forward to seeing Kaaren's quilts in your shop. As for those gorgeous wool melons, they kind of look like what is needed for Kim's Short and Sweet quilt from her Simple Charm quilt? I have the book and I am getting seriously closer to starting the quilt. Any chance your new shop could sell kits for the wool appliqué for this quilt? I would be first in line to buy it!

    ReplyDelete