Saturday, October 5, 2013

Remember These!

You remember back in July, Temecula Quilt Shop did a challenge for the month, and I just had to try these little babies!


The blocks were finished in August but they've been just sitting there waiting for me to do something with them ever since. Needless to say, I've been busy, but I was really hoping to have these ready for the shop when it opens. So, today it's a flimsy!! And I love it!! I added a couple of coins for perspective, the blocks finish at 2".



And...I'm old school sewing today! My "new" machine is in for it's one year checkup! My back up machine, which is around 18 years old, is definitely not backing me up. Can't believe I sewed with that thing for so many years and thought it was a great machine! Sewwww, today I'm using the old cheapy Kenmore that is around 25 years old and it's doing a much better job. Sounds like a train going through the house, but at least it's sewing!! Complete with an old Belle sticker compliments of little BJ, from way back when. Makes me smile!






7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little quilt! Fun to see the coins on it and actually get the perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so beautyful. I love the tiny Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tiny quilt, love the little baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! your baskets...the setting and border fabric is fabulous! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, you have created a delightful little quilt with your tiny baskets.. i love red & white!!
    I really enjoyed making my tiny baskets :))) cheers... Marian

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 inches? The word insane comes to mind. LOL Beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete