Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Little Stitching

All of my sewing recently has been for the shop. I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying every minute of it. It's actually part of my "work" day. Gotta love that!!

Wool for quilts is something that is not often found in these parts of the Maritime provinces. From what I've been able to find, there are no quilt shops in NS that carry felted wool so any quilters that want to use it, buy it at the rug hooking shops, which are also few and far between or they buy it in clothing at the second hand shops and felt it themselves. So, in the many orders that will be coming into the shop in the next few days, there will be lots of felted wool. I can't wait to see it.


Sewww, I've been busy working on a few wool projects for display. I love working with it, I've chosen to do handwork with mine, I love the quiet time at the end of a busy day but you could also do machine appliqué with it. This piece is from the Kim Diehl book Simply Charms, just one of many that I hope to be able to make. If you haven't tried wool on cotton appliqué, try it, please, you'll be glad you did!

3 comments:

  1. Darlene, if you use wool on cotton, can it be washed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely are you working that onto a cotton star print background or is that wool too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you - love wool on cotton and also find it to be so relaxing and rewarding at the end of the day! We are lucky - it is popular in the US and fairly easy to find.

    ReplyDelete