Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I'm on a mission....

..to find items for my shop. I'm planning to sell wool for appliqué in the shop, I know of no other quilt shop in this province that carries it and I know it would be a big hit. Now there is a rug hooking shop about 20 minutes so that's where I've bought my wool over the past couple of years.


I think what they carry is called Dorr Wool. I don't know much about purchasing wool to sell, what brand I should or should not look for, etc. So, I would love to get some feedback on this if you have an opinion!

4 comments:

  1. I've purchased wool from Dorr Wool and it's wonderful. Check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a Dorr Mil Store in New Hampshire that has gorgeous wool. A lot of the stores in Maine buy their wool from there and hand dye it. There is a shop in Nobleboro, Maine called Attic Heirlooms - they are on Facebook- I buy most of my wool from them...just beautiful. They may be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene
    A lot of people use the National non woven, it's quite nice as it doesn't fray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can also vouch for Dorr Mill (I'm from New Hampshire) - it's a wonderful company and great people - the wool is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete