Saturday, September 7, 2013

A New Addition!

Our family, well our extended family, is gonna have a new addition in November. My niece is expecting a little boy and tonight we are going to shower her with baby goodies. It should be fun! Lots of fun gifts, good food and tons of laughs I'm sure! lol

I wanted to make her a quilt, but decided to wait until after the baby was born just in case it wasn't a boy! But then earlier this week, I thought it would be more fun to share the quilt at the shower, so on Wednesday, I got busy and got it started. I saw one like this somewhere on the internet, can't remember where now, and so I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due. And I know mine isn't exact but it's similar! I hope she loves it! It's not quilted, and not even appliqu├ęd yet, and I want to add the baby's name to it before we quilt it. And I was afraid to do that now, you never know, the name may change several times between now and when he's actually born. So she won't have the quilt when he's born, but shortly there after!

Happy Baby Shower, Jenna! Love you!

7 comments:

  1. Pretty Quilt, I may even have that pattern, look forward to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its going to be a beautiful baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. Love the owl, and the border fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owls are so popular theses days and a perfect idea for a baby quilt , it is adorable , enjoy the shower and congrats to your niece .

    ReplyDelete
  5. tres jolie couverture,toujours un plaisir de te lire.chantal

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I've seen this quilt before, too, and thought it would be great to make up. Seeing your version really makes me want to clear my craft table and get busy!! Lovely job. Your niece will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little quilt is adorable! Niece and new baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete