Sunday, August 11, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching!!


Oh yeah!! There's nothing quite like it! A lovely Sunday afternoon, an old movie on the tube, my hubby snoozing on the couch, and me in my lazy girl chair enjoying some slow stitching!! Gotta love it!


Today, I'm working on this one again! I blogged about it here, and decided to appliqué what I had done onto one large piece of blue background fabric. So that was basted and ready to stitch but then last week, I decided I wanted to finish it with more hexies instead. So I took the basting out and got busy on a yellow hexie border, and a light blue hexie border and eventually (who knows when that might be) I'll use the dark blues for an outer border! I love working with hexies, I love the slow stitching of it and the hand work.

Gotta go sew and watch my movie!

13 comments:

  1. Your hexie quilt is beautiful! I've always liked the blue and yellow combo. Hand work is so relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of hexies here! What will be the approximate finished size? Love blue and yellow together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm overwhelmed with your beautiful work!! I like the added yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the border you are adding! I wish I had the patience to stitch together hexies, they make such beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like you are enjoying your stitching time today and your hexie quilt is beautiful. i love the blue and yellow color combo.

    i happen to be slow stitching on a hexie project today too.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than sitting in a comfy chair with wonderful handwork. I know you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt. It seems hexie's are a popular slow stitching project today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean. I thought I was hexied out when I finished my Grandmother's Flower Garden but I'm getting the urge to start on something hexie-related someday soon. I can't believe I'm saying that!

    Yours is gorgeous and coming along nicely. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! So fun how it keeps giving you ideas as you go along!
    Thanks for linking up and sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the combination of blue and yellow in your quilt. It's perfect slow stitch project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my mother-in-law left some flower garden hexis and i put some in her greatgranddaughters quilt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt. Blue and yellow are two of my favorite color combinations. There is nothing better than "slow Sunday stitching".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Darlene! That looks like a gorgeous quilt. Love the colours and pattern. And your day sounds like a happy day :) Coming over from Kathy's. Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete