Monday, August 26, 2013

Beautiful Weekend!

Hubby and I packed up the trailer on Friday and headed to the woods to our friend's cottage. Friend Gail and I sewed and relaxed while the guys did guy things, walked in the woods, checked out all the gadgets on the new trailer, I guess that's relaxing for them too! The weather was perfect, two beautiful sunsets and the lake covered with mist both mornings. I didn't get a picture of the mist, I was snuggled in too nicely to bother with the camera!


As for sewing, Gail is working on a scrappy TATW and I finally had the chance to try some Thangles. I have been looking for them around here for months with no luck, so finally had to order online. I think they're a great product and was impressed with how quickly I had a large stack of HSTs ready to go. When I have the finished they'll be the next border on the lighthouse quilt that I shared with you way back when! It's finally time to finish that one up and get it out of the UFO pile!

We had a great time, lots of good food, lots of laughs. But it's always nice to come home. I spent the evenings catching up here and doing some slow Sunday stitching. Can't think of a better way to end a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me Darlene , glad you enjoyed it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to be mesmerized by that beautiful sunset Darlene! So happy it was a great weekend... sounds like everyone got to do some of the things they like best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend you had! I'm working on your mystery quilt this week...love every step!

    ReplyDelete