Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another Finish!

This one has actually been finished for a few weeks, but just getting around to taking pictures of it! The Morning Star, which was inspired by a quilt hanging in the Temecula Quilt Shop when it was featured in Quilt Sampler magazine. I absolutely fell in love with it and knew right away that I'd have to make it! I'm pretty sure their blocks are much smaller than mine, but I'm very pleased with my version of it too!




 Off to one of my favourite places for some pictures, Savary Park on St. Mary's Bay near my home!



19 comments:

  1. Darlene, it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it's fantastic (so is the view :-)) )
    Dutch geetings
    Dea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Darlene. Did your Mom quilt it?

    Ollie loves Savary Park. WHat a perfect back drop for your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful... I love the way you framed this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt and your pictures too. The colors are just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors Darlene! It' a big quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Love the bright little pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful quilt Darlene , is it hand quilted ? Lovely spot to take photos !

    ReplyDelete
  10. wouah!!! il est magnifique!!! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt! My father grew up on St. Mary's bay in Belliveau Cove and I spent all my summers there. It is so nice to see the bay in the background of your photo. I miss N.S. and hope to visit next year. thanks for the reminder of what I miss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous quilt, colouring, design, quilting!! Absolutely love it, and what a fabulous setting for your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! ... so how are the little basket blocks coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, absolutely stunning.....the quilt and the view in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is magnificent! Loved seeing the quilt displayed in such a pretty location!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is stunning. Love the picture setting location.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilt AND the view... Both Breath-taking! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete