Wednesday, July 3, 2013

An Oldie!

A few weeks ago, I remembered this little quilt! I made it several years ago, and it hung in my living room for a long time. But, after some time, we changed the colour scheme and took it down. From there it spent some time on a quilt rack in the hallway. And just a few weeks ago, I remembered it, wondered where it had gotten to. I knew I hadn't seen it on the quilt rack, or in the sewing room for a long time. I was hoping that it hadn't gotten damaged or stained but I couldn't remember storing it anywhere either.


So, needless to say, I was thrilled to see it when I opened the old cedar chest in one of the spare bedrooms in our basement on the weekend. It's around 16" square, the squares are 4", it's hand appliqu├ęd and hand quilted. I think it's high time it got back up on the wall somewhere. I have another little one from around that same time that will go with it. I'll show you that one another day. And I'll show you pictures again, when I have them where I want them on the wall.

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Darlene , the quilting looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! This darling mini quilt needs to come out of the cedar chest and back to a place with daylight... just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cedar chest for this little beauty! I'd love to see it up-close-and-personal. Can you bring it tonight?

    ReplyDelete