Friday, June 14, 2013

Withdrawals and Weather!!!

I'm having withdrawals!! I've been sewing but no quilt related sewing. I'm missing it so much! Lots of  beautiful fabric in there calling to me, but no time to use it! Ugh! I'm hoping tomorrow I might get a little quilting in. Not sure though! Busy, Busy!!


It's been chilly here, lots of rain and not a lot of sun make for a lot of complaining! I can handle the rain more than the complaining! Definitely my pet peeve is the weather complaints. I feel for the farmers who may lose their crops because of rain, but as for the every day Joes who complain because the sun didn't shine to brighten their day, sorry, no sympathy for them! I don't rely on the weather to make me happy!

The weather is always interesting! I love the changes! I can't imagine living in a part of the world that doesn't have dramatic weather changes with the seasons! We are very blessed to live where we do. Other parts of the world are suffering because of extreme weather situations and we complain about a little rain! One of the bloggers that I follow would love to see some rain on her ranch as they are dealing with wind storms and no rain. What's the weather like where you are today?

7 comments:

  1. I agree Darlene , we live in a perfect part of the world, no extremes in weather , the odd storm of rain or snow but nothing over the top like other areas of the world so we should not complain even a little bit , be thankful whatever the weather if you are on this side of the soil:-) Hope you get some quilting in soon . Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in an area with 4 definite seasons too and love it although the winter months can drag on a little too long for my cold blooded body.:) We're actually having a very nice start to our summer here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are sewing. I haven't sewn for 2 months. Just not interested right now, even with a new machine. I'm gardening and caring for chicks. It's fun. We have to do what we love and love what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Darlene and especially when the weather is out of our control! Why complain about something we can't do anything about. :-). Our weather in southern Alberta, this whole week, has been sun, clouds, sun, clouds.....all in one day!! LOL. Not very warm but I'm sure that will come. It is what it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great sunshine in france this afternoon, I love your little patch and your fabrics old glory, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the quilt you have at the top of this blog. Is this a pattern you created or is it available somewhere else??? It's just gorgeous!

    KarenP3720@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look to see where you were located. I've always wanted to see more of Canada. I live in Kentucky where the weather this week is gorgeous. It's been in the 70s with beautiful sunshine and warm breezes.
    Trying to get a project (wallhanging and matching tablerunner) for my daughter's birthday finished. I think she'll love it.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete