Monday, June 24, 2013

Just have to share..

....our happy news. Our beautiful daughter married her sweet young man on Saturday afternoon!! Finally it's no longer a secret!! Oh yes, they decided to have a very small secret wedding. The only guests were myself and hubby and my mom and the same for the groom's side of the family. It was sweet and intimate, and it suited them perfectly.


So over the past few weeks, I haven't had a lot of sewing time. Well quilting related sewing that is, I have been sewing, but it's been on a wedding dress! There were many times that I was tempted to post a picture of what I was working on but I held back. When I left work on Friday afternoon, I was like, "phew, I didn't spill the beans"



Anyway, it was wonderful, and just wanted to show you a few of the pictures. She is a beautiful girl, inside and out, and we are very proud of her! And so very happy with the young man she chose to share her life with!

16 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations to the happy couple! I think it great of you not to spill the beans! I have a hard time doing that with such special occasions:) Her dress is just perfect for a summer wedding and I especially love simple weddings and small ones like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome couple and a beautiful dress! Congratulations to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the newlyweds! I love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. What a lovely dress and a beautiful daughter in law you have. I hope you had a lovely day. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Your daughters dress is amazing and elegant. They look very happy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the happy couple and their families! I think it's smart... having a small, intimate wedding! Beautiful pictures... love the wedding dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your daugther and her husband , what beautiful photos and the dress is gorgeous !!You must be so proud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful and they make a beautiful couple! Love her dress. You did a great job. Congratulations on gaining a son.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely story, and what lovely pictures. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pictures. It must have been so difficult to keep a secret like that. Anyway, congratulations to the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice looking couple! That looks like a beautiful and perfect wedding. I'm very happy for you all. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What beautiful pictures! My daughter is getting married in December, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures, congratulations the dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The happy couple look soo much in love. How very special that you were able to make your daughters wedding dress. I think that is such a gift of a mothers heart, Bride looks beautiful. Happiness to all family members...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Darlene....My children's weddings were the most special events if my life. It is so wonderful to see them so happy. your daughter si gorgeous and they make a beautiful couple.. I love her dress.
    Happiness always to the new couple. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation!!
    wonderful pictures and a absolue beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete