Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This and That!

Sadly, I haven't had a lot of time for much quilt related sewing. I have done a bit of this....


Been designing lots of fun ideas! And a bit more of this.....



At the end of the day, when I'm just sitting back to relax and watching a little of the tube with my honey, I really enjoy having some hand work nearby! 

I have a couple of questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to help me with! #1, I have a Mac desk top computer and I didn't realize when I bought it that I wouldn't be able to run my EQ program on it. My daughter tells me that I can buy a program called Boot Camp that will allow me to do this. So my question is, have any of you tried this, and how do you like it? #2, I am getting way too many comments on the blog from people from who knows where, trying to sell who knows what! When I started the blog, I had a security word thingie on there, but it really was a pain and so I removed it! And so my second question is, is there anything else I can do about it? I thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

I'm off for the day, to do a little sewing with some friends, Kaaren, Debra (no blog) and Nora (no blog). It's been wayyyyyy too long since I've had a friend day! I heard a little rumour that Kaaren was providing lunch for all of us. Definitely looking forward to that! I've got my camera packed and ready to go and I'll hopefully have some fun pics to share with you later! 


8 comments:

  1. Do you still have your EQ manual? I'm pretty sure there are instructions on how to load it onto a MAC.
    To solve your unwanted blog advertisements... I had the same problem. I have my comment moderator ON. That allows me to review the comments and then print them. Since I began doing it this way, I don't get nearly as many as the unsolicited comments... You could try that and see if it helps!
    Hope you have a fun day quilting with the girlfriends!!! Don't forget to share pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have all the comments come to me before they are seen on my blog. It is a pain when the spammers turn up but at least they don't get their message out to my readers. A couple months ago I was targeted by two or three different ones a day...they finally went someplace else.

    Have a great day with Kaaren, Debra and Nora. I'm sure Kaaren will share pictures of your visit if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having the same issue with spammers so maybe I also need to have the comments come to me first , worth a try . Enjoy your time with Kaaren and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started receiving a huge amount of spam too and changed my settings so that "Anonymous" comments are not allowed. I have not had any spam at all since then. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too disliked the Word Verification thing for security, so removed it. My spam increased dramatically so I now use the Comment Moderation. It works well. Nothing gets on there until I see it and choose whether to publish it or not. Still some spam, but not as bad. I did not want to remove the Anonymous option as I have some regular readers (far away family) who do not have blogs or Google accounts. So I suggest putting your Comment Moderator ON and see how you like it. Each time you sign in it will tell you how many comments you have waiting. Then you can review them and choose to delete or publish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And when your hubby is signed in to HIS Gmail account, and then you go on computer and try to leave a comment for someone, you come up as "Unknown". The above comment was me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having anonymous comments disallowed helps out with most of the spam. So far--fingers crossed! Lovely to be having a friend day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you find what you need. I deleted my blog to do another about all my hobbies amd interests, more family stuff with sewing when I get to it. Its less stressful. I will get caught ip on your quilt along soon.

    ReplyDelete