Friday, May 31, 2013

Quilting Together

I mentioned in my last post that I was planning to spend the day sewing with some friends. We had a great day, Kaaren from the Painted Quilt and Debra (no blog) spent the day at Debra's home sewing chatting, laughing and lunching! It's been way too long, and am hoping to do it again soon.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and Deb had the back door open beside the table where we were sewing, which looked out onto this view of the bay at low tide. I should have taken another picture later in the day which showed the view at high tide! Oh well, maybe I'll think of that next time!


Debra and Kaaren were working on a nautical quilt that Kaaren recently designed. You can see more details on her blog, and get in on a fun contest to name her new quilt!


This is Deb, appliquéing a light house block.


And this is Kaaren, working on the some of the pieced blocks! Kaaren provided lunch for us today, a wonderful meat pie that she shares the recipe for here. Sadly we had it all eaten by the time I remembered to take a picture. Let me just say, it was yummy and I'm planning to make it for hubby sometime very soon!


After lunch another quilting friend of Deb's who does a lot of her hand quilting, dropped by to bring her this quilt that she had just finished quilting for her. Isn't it beautiful! Deb has always been a bit "red" challenged, but I think she may be finally coming around to my way of thinking! She has a quilt shop in her home where she sells the quilts that she makes herself. We had a tour of the shop, it just opened for the season last week and she has almost 40 quilts on display, ready for sale! It's a very impressive little shop!

And finally another little peek of the quilt that Kaaren has designed. Be sure to check it out on her blog!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait until we do it again. We had so much fun and got a lot done at the same time...and even managed to fit in a lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious way to spend the day with friends! And with such a magnificent view! Kaaren's Nautical Quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to spend such a fun day with friends doing what each of you love to do. I love this nautical themed quilt designed by Kaaren , just lovely . The red and white quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun to sew with friends! Wish I lived closer to Lesley in Nova Scotia. I would love to sew in her corner. That red quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete