Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sneak Peek #5 and Facebook!

I finished the Step 5 border for the mystery yesterday and thought you might like a little sneaky peek. I will give you a heads up on this one, there are 48 blocks in step 5.


After discussing it with the ladies at my guild, we decided together that they would like to have 2 months to work on this one. So, on Thursday night May 2nd, I'll post step 5 and you'll have 2 months to complete it and to catch up on the previous steps if you happen to be lagging behind. I'm quite pleased with step 5, and looking forward to sharing it with you.

I've been busy working on the nine patch project too. Last year our guild did a nine patch exchange, which lasted for the whole year. And we are supposed to have the quilts ready to share with the group on Thursday night. Like always, I have to put a rush on to get mine ready lol. It won't be finished, it probably won't have borders, but I'm hoping all of the blocks will be sewn in.

And lastly, Facebook. I have a Facebook page for my quilts and the quilts of some of my friends. We display the quilts that we've made that we want to sell. I offered a give away for a small wall hanging when we reached 200 likes which happened this week. If you're on Facebook, please check out my page at Quilts by Darlene and Friends. I'm not sure this link will work probably, so if not, just do a search in Facebook for Quilts by Darlene and Friends. "Like" the page to get in on the next draw. 


6 comments:

  1. Visited your facebook page. Your quilts are just beautiful!! Couldn't find a link to your Etsy store on your blog, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive Cars
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sneak peek! Can't wait to see the reveal. I also think it's a great idea to have a two month time frame...just in case I need it, giggle! I visited your facebook page...always fun to see more quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no idea for this step 5 !! perhaps log cabin ?? I think it will be the last border for me and can't wait to see it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly wait to see Step 5... but... two months before Step 6??!?! Okay, it's probably good for me to practice patience (not my strongest quality). It's been so hard to wait one month! (sigh) I'll survive somehow, but I'm so excited about this quilt that I want to keep working on it until it's done! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting sneak peek, Darlene! I have to get a move on my mystery quilt... have all the morning star blocks I wanted to make done. It's a time issue... but I have to tell you, I am really liking this sew along! Did you change your blog background? I like it!

    ReplyDelete