Saturday, April 6, 2013

Nellie's Nine Patch

I finally got a little quilt done for the Simply Charming challenge being hosted by Kathy at Kindred Quilts and Darlene at Quilting Daze. I ordered the book when they issued the challenge at the first of the year with great intentions of staying up to date and on time with them, and sadly with the very first challenge, I'm behind. But better late than never right!


So I chose Nellie's Nine Patch for my first project. I decided to go square rather than the rectangle that is shown in the book. I'm so pleased with it. Now to get it quilted, hard to say when that might happen.

Just to let you all know, I'm going to be away from a week from this Monday the 8th til the 16th. Visiting family in Ontario. So if you have any questions about the mystery quilt, I'll try to get to my email, but can't make any promises.

9 comments:

  1. It's just lovely! And you're not that late because they started in February so this is only the second round of quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your small quilt done in the blues. The border fabric just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your nine-patch...the fabrics are great! Enjoy your time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love it! I'm so happy that blue is back for us quilters. The toile is perfect for the border! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about Nellie's Nine Patch... the fabrics, the inside narrow border in four different prints, the wide toile border, and it's a square! Beautiful! (Don't to forget to link it to my blog when you get a chance!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love your little quilt! Perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Nellie's Nine Patch! Have lots of fun visiting with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fantastic and well-written post.I read and like the post.It,s extremely good and very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete