Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday Stitching!

The kids were here for lunch after church yesterday. I love it when they're all here at the same time. I guess that makes it sound like a big crowd, but it's not really. We have two of our own, with two significant others, that makes six of us. We had a good visit. And I enjoyed some hand stitching too!

A friend from our guild gave me some scraps from a project she was working on (thanks Nora), they were tiny, the biggest pieces were 2"x3" but they were such pretty fabrics, I wanted to do something with them. I don't know what line of fabrics they are from, but I'll ask and get back to you on that one.


I had recently ordered a package of 3/4" size hexie papers, so decided on a small hexie quilt. You can see from the 12" board that they're laying on how small the quilt is. I had to add six from other fabrics, but I thought that was pretty good considering. So the hexies are all made, and I've started stitching them together. Now to keep them laying there without someone bumping them before I'm done.

12 comments:

  1. Those hexies are gorgeous! This is gonna make a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing hexies in my sleep but I'm persisting until it's done. Your little mini is looking great. Don't you just love scrappy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mini quilt.... Lately there are many quilters making Hexagon guilts and it is giving me the fever. I am thinking it would be a perfect project for this summer as we travel during vacation.
    Looking forward to seeing it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Loooovvveee Hexies! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexies are so cute. One of the girls at work does them and I need to really crack down and start making some.
    The fabric scraps...I know it well...they are from the Women of Courage collection by Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics. She would have all sorts of scraps in tiny sizes if she is making that quilt. I made it and the top (sadly enough) was stolen from the shop where I work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hexes Darlene , this will make a sweet quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you find it relaxing to make the hexies and then sew them together? I do! It's a nice break from the sewing machine. This is going to make a nice little topper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful little hexies! I think there must be a contagious disease in your neck of the woods...giggle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Colleen, you are right the fabric line is Women of Courage by Nancy Gere, however I am using it to make a diamond wedding ring, by Judy Niemeyer Quilting (paper pieced) with the line!!Strips are cut 2.25 inches and at the end all that's left is from .5 to about 3 inches depending!! Knew Darlene would do something with them!!! Looking great Darlene there will be more if you can wait for them.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the size I'm using to make my full-sized bed quilt. =)

    ReplyDelete