Saturday, March 16, 2013

International Quilter's Day

A day all for us! So of course, what else would I have done today but quilt! lol It was a beautiful day here today, I had planned to get a walk in, but got so caught up in the sewing that I missed that chance! I've been cutting and sewing the last of the strips for my scrappy Trip Around The World Blocks.



I need 64 blocks, and as of today, I have 40 all done. So another 24 to go. I have all of the strips sewn for those 24, and hopefully tomorrow, I'll get them pressed and counter cut. Then later this week, hopefully I can say they're all done!


My mom is going to hand quilt this one, and she's waiting patiently to get it in her frames!

And now to finish the day off, a little movie time with my hubby and some hexie sewing! Happy International Quilter's Day to you all!

5 comments:

  1. It was a great day to quilt! I think it so nice we have a day just for us quilters!!

    Your Trip Around the World quilt is looking wonderful. How nice that your mother is going to hand quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colors in your block. Me - I uses my GO and cut 165 leaves for the next part of the mystery quilt. I also finished my machine embroidery project for Tuesday's blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beauty..... Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blocks! Can't wait to see them put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be beautiful, Darlene...and extra special with your Mom quilting it.

    ReplyDelete