Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Good Day!

Yesterday was a good day, an excellent day actually! For those of you that don't know, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer two years ago in January and in February had my right kidney removed. I was lucky that all cancer was contained inside the kidney and didn't have to have any treatments. Yesterday, I had an appointment with my surgeon and all test results were "boring". That's what I wanted to hear! He even gave me the option of a one year checkup from now on rather than 6 months but I opted for the 6 months for one more year. I guess he must feel that all is good!

And of course, with the surgeon being in the valley, I had to make a trip to the fabric store too! I had my sister and my mom with me, and we picked up my niece along the way! We had a great day! These goodies came home with me, and my sister brought home a few more goodies for me, that I'll receive shortly for a birthday gift!! Woohoo, lucky me!


A quick stop on the way down the valley to see my girl too! Last night I was exhausted, but not from the emotional stress. Just simply from all of the crazy laughter going on in the vehicle! Oh my, needless to say, it was a really good day!

And this morning, this is what I see out my back door.  A few more inches of snow on this first day of spring! Oh well, it won't last long. A little poor man's fertilizer to help things green up!





23 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marja Veldthuis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate spring coming, such great new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news for you and your family! You are so productive that I don't think that terrible disease can take hold. May the good news continue and may the spring come to us all sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just the greatest news!! I have had a similar experience and remember each milestone. I have been cancer-free for 33 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to hear of your great news! I would have celebrated in a fabric shop too! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a wonderful day...fantastic news! And of course I love your fabrics....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just WONDERFUL news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super wonderful news, Darlene.

    The same "Welcome Spring" white stuff an be found at our house this morning as well. The poor robins that were digging for worms in my back yard yesterday must be asking themselves why didn't they take the later northbound plane.

    Great fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news like yours should be celebrated with a trip to a quilt shop! I like every fabric you purchased... I could send you to a shop to pick out fabric for me, and I wouldn't worry, because I like everything you buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! A wonderful day :-) and a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene that news does make for a wonderful day! kristie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the great news; it sounds like it was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessings to you Darlene. I am thrilled for your news!!! Love your fabric choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's a good BORING! So happy for you, Darlene.

    Love those fabrics. A little fabric shopping makes everything a little less boring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad for the good news! And the fabric is well deserved after the wonderful health report! Stay well!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very happy for your Good News! It sounds like an all around great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is absolutely fantastic news! Glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful news Darlene and lovely fabrics to celebrate . I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really great news! Glad you had a fun day too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blessings all around--- Sounds like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations - that is always good news!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!! I'm also coming up to my two year anniversary of my surgery.I start every day by telling myself how very lucky I am. Sounds like you are too!

    ReplyDelete