Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lucky Seven

I spent all day yesterday in the sewing room! Oh joy, it was a great day! And the results were 9 more blocks for the Trip Around The World challenge and the 7th block in the Scrappy Basket set.


Now, if you've been checking out Lisa Bongean's blocks along with mine, you'll see that this one is a bit off. I had it almost all done, ready to sew the last seam, when I realized that I had reversed the colours of the stars. The stars themselves should have been made from the background light fabrics and set on the black fabrics. Oh well, I like it this way too and I'm not gonna change it now!


If you're following and playing along with my mystery quilt, check out this post for a chance to win!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness is this ever looking great! I just LOVE your fabrics. Good for you for spending the whole day stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful scrappy blocks. I like that you are working within a color theme and they are working so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks. They are beautiful. You do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great choice of fabrics, Darlene! Look at all that work you have done - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your blocks.. That is going to be a super beautiful quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks, enjoy looking at your blocks. I an also doing these little blocks. Sure hope Lisa gives us an idea on a border.Really enjoy your blogs, keep up the hard fun work!!!!!
    Carol L
    NE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are the cutest! Seeing them makes me want to pull fabrics and get busy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful !! I love your blocks !!

    ReplyDelete