Saturday, January 19, 2013

A little gift!

Everyone loves a gift right?? Well, I know I sure do! And one of the best gifts would be a quilt related one right!!

One of my quilting friends recently placed an order for fabric and thought of me when she saw these little mini charm packs!

I had mentioned I thought they were so cute, and would love to have some. Here in Nova Scotia, I have yet to see any of these in the shops that we visit, so in order to get them we have to order online. When Deb showed up at my work yesterday with this little package, needless to say, it made my day! Only downfall is that now I need MORE!! LOL!!


From my recent posts about the scrap basket blocks you can probably tell that I like little quilt pieces, so these little charm packs are perfect for me! And of course, with red being my favourite, she picked this one. Woohoo, Old Glory Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings!! I love it!

 Can't wait to play with these! Today, sewing is on the agenda, it's cold, its gonna snow and the house work can wait!! I'm gonna spend the day in my happy place! Thanks so much Deb for thinking of me!

11 comments:

  1. What a great little gift to receive. I love it.
    Can't wait to see what you are going to make with it.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to admit something - yes, I'm guilty!!!

    It never dawned on me where you lived, Darlene. How bad am I? LOL

    Since Kaaren connected me with you via the Mystery Quilt, I should have realized you were in Canada.

    But then again, I've always been slow. LOL

    There's your chuckle for the day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - I love ANYTHING Primitive Gatherings puts out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet surprises are always so much fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you... love the 2.5" mini charms! And Primitive Gatherings to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live up there where Lesley does! You are so far from California! I love Old Glory. I have 4 charm packs. I'd love to follow your little patterns using the 5 in. Are you making it up or followig a pattern? I think your little squres and blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found all the blocks. Thank you very much. I'm going to try and double the squares and use the Old Glory Charm packs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see many little pieced squares in your future.

    Love the colors and L-O-V-E Primitive Gatherings.

    Did you get much sewing done today? I managed to get some done but not as much as I had planned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "Petit Four" and they are so much fun to work with.. Can't wait to see what you create. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. j'adore les petits candy et old glory et ses jolies couleurs US !!! j'ai hate de voir ce que tu vas en faire, moi j'ai une petite idée pour le mien !!!! bises de France

    ReplyDelete