Saturday, December 15, 2012

Busy Busy!!

It's been a crazy busy week. Busy, busy! Our Christmas cantata at my church is this weekend, first performance was last night with around 180 in attendance. It's always so much fun, but a lot of work ahead of time. Tonight it sounds as though there maybe a few more, but not sure where we'll put them all! I'll post a picture of us all later hopefully.

Through the week, I've been trying to finish up the trimming. Hubby got the living room tree standing last weekend, and got the lights on it a couple days later. I finally starting trimming it on Wednesday night. Still have a few more things to add, I need ornament hooks, so I'll get some of them today and finish it up. This was the first ornament on it this year, an angel from my sweet Dad! How I miss him!


This is the tree in the kitchen, I know it's a bit hard to see them, but most of the ornaments are snowmen or snow related. I've decided I need a quilt tree, trimmed with mostly all tiny little quilt ornaments. Another project for 2013 I think!


Today, I'm working at finishing the quilting on the Jelly Roll Quilt that is a gift for a friend. And I'll hopefully finish the trimming, make some sandwiches to take tonight, do some tidying around the rest of the house, finally get my cards written and maybe work on the blocks for another quilt that is a gift. Phew, I'm played out already!

3 comments:

  1. Busy people get the most accomplished, Darlene. Everything will get done in time. You'll see.

    Your trees look beautiful. Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little angel ornament and I love your kitchen Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skinny snowman tree! It's loaded with ornaments... how fun! Looking forward to seeing pics from the Christmas cantata.

    ReplyDelete