Sunday, December 16, 2012

A little Christmas!

Thought I would share a little bit of my Christmas trimmings! I really love decorating for Christmas but work and other commitments have really made it all a bit late for me this year. 
I finally finished most of it up this weekend.


So this is the tree in the living room. I really love country decorating, but this tree is quite glitzy considering. Every year I enjoy unwrapping all of the ornaments and remembering who gave them to me or the story behind them. These are a few of my favourites.
 This angel that I showed you in my last post was from my dad.

 This one I cross stitched years ago, and it's always been a family favourite.

 This three tiered bell was from my Nana and Papa around 20 years ago. It is so delicate and fragile, every year I am amazed that it hasn't gotten broken. And it brings me great memories of them!


This red glass skate is absolutely beautiful! It was from a dear friend.

Another new one from last year, I love how it catches the light.

 This little snowman is so cute, it's been around for a while from another good friend.

I have two of these red glass hearts. They are so pretty. 
One from a friend and one from my sister. They know me well!
 This little silver Santa was from another good friend! So pretty!

A jingle bell wreath!
This one was new last year, from a very close friend. She knows my tastes so well. 
I love the pearls on it.


 My Jim Shore Santa collection along with a Santa cross stitch that I did years ago. 

 My new little snowman wall hanging!

A few more itty bitties! Love these!

My Jim Shore nativity.

And some candles and greenery sitting on a little quilted runner on the coffee table!

So, I'll show you a few more later from the other rooms in the house later. For now, I wanted also to show you a few from our cantata last night. 
We've had a great weekend here celebrating the birth of your Saviour!




4 comments:

  1. Darlene,your Christmas tree is beautiful! I love trees with a variety of ornaments. The cross stitch Madonna and child is a favorite. (Makes me want to do more cross stitch!) I like the red ice skate and glass heart as well... every ornament is special! Thanks for posting pics... more, more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is gorgeous. The ornaments hold memories.I love that about christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks just perfect, Darlene. So homey and inviting.

    Me too, I'd love to see more pics! I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so cozy and inviting. Wish we could have made it home for Christmas, but my new work schedule wouldn't allow...Wishing you and yours, a very Merry one. Love yas! xo

    ReplyDelete