Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Finish!

I finally finished this Jelly Roll Race quilt. I started it months ago on a Saturday work shop with the guild. And planned right from that day that it would be a Christmas gift for a friend. Sadly, I put it off and put it off, the quilting I mean. And then a month or so ago when I got it out to finish it, I couldn't do too much as I have a bad shoulder and decided I just couldn't finish it for this year. Well, then I got thinking, maybe if I stitched for just a few minutes each day it might not irritate the shoulder too much, so that's what I've been doing.

Finally finished the stitching this morning, I stitched the binding on, and my mom was here to hem the binding. Ran it through the wash and then the dryer and now it's finished, woohooo! Can't wait to give it to her. It has a flannel backing and it is soooo cozy comfy! It's far from perfect, it's the first quilt that I've machine quilted that was this big but after the wash, it looks a lot better! Kinda wish I could keep it! I love giving handmade gifts. Been thinking this week, that next year I would love to give almost everyone on my list a handmade quilt!



4 comments:

  1. It came out beautifully!! She will be so delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, Darlene. What a generous gift and I'm sure that your friend will be over-the-moon with it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics and the appliqued sunflowers...it looks very cozy indeed!

    ReplyDelete