Monday, November 19, 2012

One year!

Our local guild celebrated one year on Saturday. We actually got started last year in October but we only got around to celebrating this week and we purposely held it off so that we could celebrate Christmas at the same time.

We had a great day. An afternoon filled with fun, a project, a couple of games, a gift exchange and then a lovely meal.

I am so glad that we finally got around to starting a guild here. It's something that I had been interested in doing for years but just hadn't pushed for it. So after a health scare and knowing that yes, life is too short, myself and three friends put up some posters, made some calls, posted all over Facebook and finally got things moving. And as a result we have a lovely group of ladies that meet together twice a month. We teach, we learn, we laugh a lot, we get advice and opinions and we've made new friends ( so thankful to have met and become friends with Kaaren).


So I just wanted to show you the project that we had ready for each lady to do on Saturday. Because of space limitations, we asked each lady to come prepared for hand work but no machines this time. I think everyone enjoyed making this little pin cushion. It was simple and quick and would make a great gift. This single one is mine.


And of course, thought I would show you the gifts. We did the gift exchange poem. Always lots of fun.


That was my first Christmas party for 2012! Several more to come, love it!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to your guild- One Year Old! Lovely sunflower pincushions! Help me out here... what is the gift exchange poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lot of fun, didn't we? I know I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

    Thanks so much for organizing the party. Here's hoping we'll celebrate many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to be a part of a group as it finds its way and grows. I found it hard to fit into an existing group in my neck of the woods as there were many who had been together for a goodly number of years. Everyone is polite but it's difficult to get anyone to slide down the sofa and make room for one more if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your guild's birthday party! I hear rumors that a wonderful time was had by all! Good for you and all the quilters,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your guild , ours just celebrated 10 years ! Those pincushions are adorable and I am sure that you all had a terrific time at the party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those sunflower pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Haliafax. Happy 1st Birthday! Very nice. Looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the one year anniversary of your guild. I love your sunflower pincushion pattern- it is very cute.
    Good luck with dear jane - they are quite the amazing pieces- all those detailed blocks. I am sure that it will be a beautiful creation when completed.
    Regards from Alberta,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pincushions! Popping over from bc for the blogathon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pincushions!I've also had my eye on the Dear Jane quilt. I'm still in the "dreaming" stage though, hehe. Good luck with yours. Stopped by from the Blogathon Canada hop.

    ReplyDelete