Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Just have to share!

Stitchin' Heaven, a well known quilt shop in Texas, contacted me a while ago and asked if they could use my version of the quilt All Roads Lead To The Sea for the advertising in their upcoming BOM. They had seen my picture on my Facebook site. I was so pleased! Of course I gave them permission.



As the ad states, the quilt was designed by Country Creations, but they wanted to use my quilt for their advertising! I've been seeing Stitchin' Heaven ads for years it seems, and she told me that I would be given credit on their website for the quilt. Sure enough, my name is there! LOL It will also be in the February issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine and one other quilt magazine.

If you think you'd like to make the quilt, now is the time. You can see the ad here. It was a fun quilt to make, the connecting corners was a new technique for me but not a difficult one to learn. By doing it as a BOM you get past the challenge of looking for all of the right fabrics which was really the most challenging part of the whole project. If you do decide to make this, please be sure to let me know, as I would love to see your pictures.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats Darlene! How wonderful for you! It's a beautiful quilt with such vivid colors... it's not surprising that Stitchin' Heaven contacted you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, the quilt is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It is a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW just doesn't do it!

    What a work of art, Darlene. I am totally blown away! You must be so proud of it...and to have your name featured as the quilt maker. How awesome is that!!!

    Now you're not going to get a swelled head, are you? *wink*

    I just have to go and look at it again. The colors remind me of a Maud Lewis painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so "terrible" ;)...motivating me to look at this as another project! As Kaaren said,your quilt looks like a painting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a feather in your cap! Funny that a quilt which reminds me of Digby should come out of Alberta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous quilt and so wonderful to have such accolades! Your quilts are all stunning, as we can also see from your beautiful banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It's a lovely quilt:)

    ReplyDelete