Saturday, November 24, 2012

Festival of Trees

Th 6th Annual Festival of Trees took place today at a local interpretation centre. This was the first time I was able to attend. There were lots of trees and a few gingerbread houses and several Christmas quilts too. Thought I would share some of my favourites. The trees are voted on and it'll be interesting to see which ones wins!


This was my favourite! It was completely trimmed with old vintage Christmas cards that my Aunt  Mildred and Uncle Harry had received in the early to mid 1900s.


This one was from my paternal grandparents! Love it! Very sentimental!






This was a nice one, all hand made country ornaments!


 Traditional!

Wouldn't be Christmas without the Grinch! Loved this one!



 Log Cabin quilt and teddy bear tree


This one was done by the Highschool. 
Black tree with lots of gold trimmings, the school colours!

This was another favourite for me. It was done by my cousin and his wife. 
He's a plumber! Check out his ornaments!


Valve handles! Love it!


4H Tree



 This one was all done with natural trimmings. Rose hips, pine cones, dried flowers, vines. 
It was really lovely!

A couple more quilts! 



And a couple gingerbread houses!




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day!

    Thanks for sharing the photos of the trees and quilts. Some people have great imaginations when it comes to decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees are beautiful! Love the quilts too... Thanks for the photos. So great to connect with Nova Scotians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely trees and I love the vintage Christmas cards, wow so many , you are very lucky! The quilts on display are beautiful too .

    ReplyDelete