Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dear Jane

I received this in the mail last week!

For years I've been intrigued by the Jane quilt! But just to admire from afar! But I've been seeing it so often lately, on Pinterest and other blogs that I've decided I might like to try it! I know it would be a long process but I'm ok with that.

I've seen this quilt is several colour ways and that will be my first major decision! I love it in red and white, but also love the scrappy look. And the scrappy look could go several ways too, with lighter fabrics and white backgrounds or with the richer country scraps that I love and a creamy background. Any advice or opinions?

4 comments:

  1. I can't offer advice on this project except I know that I don't have the right attitude to complete it in my lifetime. I am still slowly working away on the Farmer's Wife. I do love that red, white and green combo though as those are colours I am partial to. I would have to love the fabrics to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say thank you for directing me to Kim Diehl's post on Henry Glass today as her patterns were very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Darlene! I just started my Dear Jane a few weeks ago! You can see the triangles I started with if you haven't already at www.hallbrookdesigns,blogspot.com. I am prepping in bunches as I go along. So far, I have 5 completed. They are sitting here by my chair ready to go when I am ready to stitch. It's good you are ready to start yours now...I had my book for about 10 years! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrappy, scrappy, scrappy! But that's just me... have fun, and don't forget to show us your progress!

    ReplyDelete