Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 4

I finished the appliqué on this today! It's a Christmas gift, now on to the quilting. I'm gonna machine quilt it. This will be the largest piece that I've machine quilted and I'm a little nervous about it.

Tomorrow is the last of my five days off. Probably not gonna get any sewing in though, but might happen to shop for a bit of fabric. I'm heading to the valley to do a bit of Christmas shopping and have lunch with my girl! Always look forward to that. And with there being a fabric store in the mall, I figure this is a pretty good way to end my little sewing marathon mini vacation! Then hubby and I are going out to supper with two of his sisters in law. And after that, Christmas cantata practice for me. So quite a busy day, the shopping will have to do it! I'll post a picture of my fabric purchases just for good measure!

6 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great, Darlene. The applique just sets it off.

    Sounds like you have a busy day planned. Have fun shopping. Can't wait to see what treasures come home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, it's just beautiful!! Good luck quilting it. Just attack it with confidence, like you've done it a million times, and it will be perfect. Have fun on your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflowers look so happy to be part of the quilt! I think the best way to celebrate the end of five days off is to go shopping for fabric! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt , the flowers really make it . Enjoy your shopping trip !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love the bright background...quick to put together! The sunflowers add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the addition of the sunflower to the background of the quilt. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete