Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 1

I shared in an earlier post this week that I had the next five days off and that I hoped to do lots of sewing in that time. So I had a pretty good start to that today. My two friends here, Gail and Debra, were teaching a class today and I decided to go along for a day of uninterrupted sewing.



I worked on finishing this quilt that was a jelly roll race that I participated in earlier this year with our guild. I add the sunflowers today and got most of that appliqu├ęd. This is a Christmas gift for someone on my list! Woohoo, almost finished that one! I also worked on a small lap quilt that is for the quild to donate to our local nursing home for Christmas gifts. 


I took some pictures and wanted to show you the projects that each of the ladies were working on. We sewed and laughed and ate, makes for a great Saturday!

This is Brenda, she was starting a new quilt today, "All Roads Lead To The Sea" which is a challenge for sure but I think she's up to it!

This was Cheryl's first time to sew with us, and her first class in our neck of the woods. She is making this sweet little crib quilt for an upcoming bundle of joy! Such a cute quilt!



This is Linda, she and Cheryl traveled together to be with us, so this was her first time to sew with us too. She was doing the class for this Log Cabin quilt. I love her colour choices, very country. 



This is Rose, with her blocks draped all around her. What she was working on is a bit of a surprise, so I don't want to say too much, but I will say that it's part of a challenge that the guild is working on! More country colours, love it!

Wanda looks a little shy here don't you think? She was also participating in the class and she was working on a Triple Irish Chain. Definitely gonna be a beauty!

 Lyndia was also making the Lob Cabin quilt with the class. Her colours were lovely, blues and yellows!


Nora was working on the One Block Wonder. This is such an interesting quilt. You use just one fabric,  cut it up, and when you sew it back together you end up with a totally different design. This one is a lot of fun, lots of sewing involved but well worth it!

So that was the group of us there today! I always enjoy seeing what everyone is working on. 
We are all so very different in our choices and preferences, but in the end we all go home with a project we love! That's what makes quilting so much fun! 
That was Day 1 of 5, I will hopefully be back tomorrow with more to share for Day 2!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to spend the day ,I think we feed off each others talents and it seems there was lots of talents in that room. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, I missed it! Nothing stays in my head anymore unless I write things down.

    Lots of great stuff going on in that room! There are some very talented gals in our group, aren't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day you all had! Lovely projects that everyone is working on....your jelly roll race quuilt is terrific with that applique!

    ReplyDelete