Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I hope that you can take a few minutes today to reflect on what you're thankful for. I have a long list! My faith, my family, my friends, my job, my hobby, another year cancer free, the freedom to live in a beautiful country and the list goes on and on!

We drove through the beautiful Annapolis valley yesterday and the fall colours are lovely! Not at their full glory yet as we haven't had a lot of frost here. I can't believe how many leaves have fallen in our front yard already. We haven't had a lot of wind, but we've had such a dry summer that the least little breeze is shaking them loose!


I also wanted to take a minute to show you my new toy! Our drive through the valley yesterday took us to It's Sew Time in Elmsdale and I came home with this! It's a Pfaff Ambition Essential. It's been around 18 years since I bought a new one and this is the first time for a Pfaff. I've heard lots of good things about them and am really looking forward to seeing for myself. So needless to say, my holiday tomorrow is gonna be spent doing you know what!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Darlene!

    Love your new toy ----- I see lots of beauties in your future. :-) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Darlene!!!

    I was going to drop you a line to see if you came home with your pockets just a little bit lighter. *wink* It looks like a beauty all shiny and new.

    Happy sewing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Darlene , and congratulations on your new sewing machine , I own a pfaff , not a new one like yours but one I love and use all the time .Have fun tomorrow sewing!! Oh we were in the valley on Friday , in Berwick , it was a lovely day away and the leaves are turned much more there than they are here .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you! You will love your new Pfaff! Mine has been so busy since it came home, and is always up to the challenge! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sure you are very thankful for your "new toy". I know it will give you many years of great service. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Darlene! I can't think of a better way for you to spend the day than getting aquainted with your new Pfaff friend! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! What a fun new sewing machine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I bought my Pfaff at It's Sew Time too. I am totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete