Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Decisions!

I'm trying to finish up some older projects that have been sitting in the sewing room for...mmm let's just say too long! This one is up next. I've been working on it for years. My daughter is 23 years old now and I know for sure I was working on it at her junior high basketball games that would have been at least 8 years ago. Shameful, I know! But at least I'm gonna try for a finish now!

I have all of the hexies done and sewn together and now I have to decide what to do about borders. I want this to fit a queen size bed. At this point, I'm planning to put an appliquéd border and then a scalloped piano key border. But things may change as I go along. We'll see. That's a ways off just yet. I have to finish the star quilt that I posted earlier, and then I'll be all set to tackle this one!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt but then all your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexagon quilt is gorgeous and I like your plans for appliqué ,it will be beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Darlene. It's gorgeous!

    Perhaps this is just the inspiration I need to get going on mine again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the shades of blue with yellow. Your daughter is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO beautiful Darlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Darlene, that is so beautiful!! Someday maybe I'll have enough hexies to put something together as awesome as this!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete