Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A good day!

My day off today, and what better way to spend it than sewing. I got these stars all sewn together and now to decide on borders. I'm loving how it's turned out, I first saw this quilt in the Quilt Sampler magazine a few years ago when the Temecula Quilt Shop was featured and fell in love with it. I didn't have a pattern, and have no idea how big their stars were but knew roughly the size I wanted mine to be. So earlier this fall I decided this project would get started while away sewing for a couple of days with friends. And today, I finally finished putting it together.

And now to get my house cleaned up a bit and then off for supper with my quilting friends to makes plans for an upcoming guild event.

It's definitely been my kind of day!

6 comments:

  1. Stars and scrappy...my favorites.

    It doesn't get much better than that, Darlene. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scrappy 80 stars are gorgeous! And the neutral blocks really make them stand out. You are right... it was the perfect way to spend your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stars, Darlene. Love the setting. Great way to spend your day off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and what better way to spend a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is gorgeous and what fun plans you have with your quilting friends. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly gorgeous!!!!!! Beautiful. Time very well spent.

    ReplyDelete