Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I had lunch yesterday with my new quilting friend Kaaren. The internet is a wonderful thing! I came across Kaaren's blog while visiting another quilt blog and from some of Kaaren's pictures, I realized that she was living fairly nearby. So, I made contact, and I'm happy to say that we've been able to have a couple of visits. And lucky me, Kaaren is a fabulous quilter. I've been just blown away by her beautiful hand work. And I was so happy to invite her to our guild and was even happier when she showed up. This month she brought a couple of items for show and tell and she totally wowed the group with this beauty! I've seen this one online before, but to see it in person is amazing! And the picture in no way can do it justice. Kaaren was working on an embroidery project at the guild last week and that inspired me to get out a pattern that I bought last year and get it started. I'll post pictures of it in the next few days! Thanks Kaaren for sharing with me!

4 comments:

  1. Never met Kaaren but I follow her blog. She is a very nice blogger and so talented. Isn't her new puppy sweet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so sweet! I would love to have an "Ollie".

      Delete
  2. Oh, I wish I lived close to you guys! Thanks for sharing that and for commenting on my blog today. Sadly, those pictures were taken outside. My camera is just shot and I don't have the money for another one right now. I'm so glad to find your blog!

    Cheery wave from Bev!

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG........I just LOVE the quilt in your Blog header. Just gorgeous!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete